| Mrs. Astrakhan|
|Appearance||Black Eyes: Dark Red Eyes|
|Voiced By|| Miriam Margoyles (in movie) |
Grey DeLisle (in video game)
Mrs. Astrakhan is a female emperor penguin and the true main antagonist of the first act of the movie, Happy Feet.She is portrayed as a large operatic penguin, much like the impression of opera singers today. She has a foreign, yet broken English, German-Russian accent; she pronounces her V's as W's and pronounces her 'ings' as a k, such as "Feelink," "Darlink" or "Sink" and sometimes rolls her R's.
Viewed as the best teacher in the lands, she is known to never fail in her teachings, as stated by Miss. Viola; "If anyone can, Mrs. Astrakhan can." Mrs. Astrakhan tried her hardest to teach the tone-deaf Mumble and was deeply distressed when she felt she too had failed him, remarking "I never fail before! Never! Never!" sobbing and banging her head on a block of ice.
However, she did not fail in her teachings; she taught Mumble that there was a feeling inside his soul who he truly was a tap dancer; this likely reinforced his talents in tap dancing.
- Watches Mumble leave, cries and is reformed at the end celebrating in rejoice with the other penguins now that they have the fish that the aliens saved from overfishing.
- Originally, Mrs. Astrakhan was supposed to appear in Happy Feet Two but she is cut from the sequel, if she did appear. It's unknown if Miriam Margoyles reprises her role.
- In Happy Feet: The Videogame, Memphis reffered her as Mrs. A in the level "Cooling The Pipes".
- In the movie, she is voiced by Miriam Margoyles who voiced Mrs. P. from Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga'Hoole and Rita's Grandma in Flushed Away.
- (Singing) Kak boyus' ya vas, znat' uvidel vas, ya v nedobryi chas!
- Can't sink? Can't sink? Rubbish darlink. Every little penguin has a sonk. Ven I have finished, your singing will be giving everyone the goose pimple!
- Let it out! Be SPONTANEOUS!!!
- Forget body. Look inside soul. Feel the feelink...enormous feelink, so enormous, it fills whole body! It must escape, or you explode! Now, open your little beak. Come on. Yes, yes. Lift up the head, that's it.
- Now... Now... (Singing operatically) NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW!
- Ohh! Disaster! Catastrophe! I never fail before. Never! Never!
|Mumble • Gloria • Erik • Bo (Boadicea) • Atticus • Memphis • Norma Jean • Seymour • Noah the Elder • Ramón • Nestor • Lombardo • Raul • Rinaldo • Lovelace • Miss Viola • Mrs. Astrakhan|